Translate

31.05.2015

On Being Scared

Everybody says that it's normal to have doubts and to be scared of what is about to happen. Life is going to be turned upside -down, on its head completely and nobody knows what is going to happen. Nobody can tell me that this or this will happen, they can only predict, tell me about their experiences and compassionately nod thier heads when I vent my worries. 

Oh, man! I'm scared. I though reading would be a good idea to calm those scary voices down but it seems that most of the current publications are written to freak me out even more. It feels sometimes like we went from one extreme to another: from an absolute glorification of parenthood to presenting it in a really bleak manner. With some annotations that after all it's worth it... I don't know. So why do people have children if all this is such a terrible experience? Because it's expected from them? Honestly, reading what I'm reading now sometimes makes me feel like only the insane would put themselves through it and nobody would willingly chose to get pregnant. So is it really that bad? Apart from sleepless nights? I need some lifelines as a future mum.





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz